Paris, February, 2, 2015
Innovation first: an international training solution developed by Cegos rewarded
Cegos, a worldwide leader of training & development, specialist in blended interactive pedagogies, had been chosen by BRP, world leader of motorized recreational vehicles and powersports engines, to stimulate international training organized with its sales network and thus boost the launch of its new products.
BRP and Cegos received last week in Fort Lauderdale the “Silver Award” in the “Unique Sales Enablement Technology” awarded by Brandon Hall Group at the occasion of “2014 Excellence in Technology Awards”.
Each year, Brandon Hall Group presents its “Excellence in Technology Awards”, to reward the best training sector organizations that have deployed innovative solutions in different areas (human resources, sales, management …). The selection is based on several criteria: value proposition, product innovation, unique differenciators, product or program demo, measurable results.
By choosing BRP and Cegos, the jury wanted to reward an innovative classroom training solution, including two features:
- Sophisticated technology based learning experience made simple to deliver and to deploy worldwide by non-professional trainers,
- Engaging pedagogy adapted to both large & small groups, which aroused the enthusiasm of participants (sellers and dealers).
The solution developed by Cegos adresses 2 critical issues, by:
- Proposing a new engaging retail learner experience able to boost the sales of the new product while re-inforcing key sales skills;
- Improving the worldwide deployment process in order to gain quick but sustainable market share while optimizing the training investment.
This training solution has been implemented successfully for 2 BRP products in 2013 and 2014.
Cegos developed an interactive and multilingual training solution supported by rich media tools
Easy to use and ergonomic, the technology perfectly serves the training objectives and greatly increases the involvement of the learner. Several interconnected iPads were distributed during training sessions, facilitating access to many interactive content: videos, online quizzes and surveys with results in real time, presentations…
Thanks to this solution, several dynamic workshops with 50 dealers on average were organized and 800 dealers were trained during 2 days:
- For half a day, up to 5 workshops were conducted simultaneously in 5 different rooms in 5 languages, for an average of 250 dealers from different countries, with up to 115 iPads connected at the same time.
- 85% and more satisfaction results after training based on surveys. The learners especially highlight the interactive nature of the workshops.
Stéphane Beau, Cegos senior consultant, explains:
“This award underscores the innovative nature of our training solutions, which directly contribute to the performance of our customers Now present in over 50 countries and on all continents, Cegos Group establishes itself as a key partner for companies which need to deploy international training programs.”